1. Arthur Yaskey
Mr. Arthur Nathaniel Yaskey
is a graduate from Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone. He joined the insurance industry in 1975 after graduating from University as a Manager in-training He qualified in 1981 as an Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Great Britain (ACII) and in 1984 qualified as a Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Great Britain. (FCII) he also holds a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the Institute of Public Administration (IPAM), University of Sierra Leone.
He was the Managing Director of the National Insurance Company for many years. He was at one time a Director of the African Reinsurance Corporation. He was also a visiting lecturer at the West African Insurance Institute for many years. He has served as a non-executive director of a number of companies in Sierra Leone. He was at one time the President of the Sierra Leone Insurance Association.
Arthur Yaskey has participated in a lot of in-service training courses at home and abroad. He has presented a number of papers on insurance and management. Until his appointment as Commissioner of Insurance in July 2018, Arthur Yaskey was the Executive Director of the Activa International Insurance Company (SL) Limited.
2. Dr. Abdul Karim Bangura
Dr. Abdul Karim Bangura
served as Lecturer, Head of Department and Dean for Business Administration/Finance, and Director/Dean of Studies at the Institute of Advanced Management and Technology (IAMTECH) –Sierra Leone. He has also served in various Supervisory & Managerial capacities ranging from Administrative Assistant, Finance and Administrative Officer, Finance manager to Director of Finance for over twenty (20) years working for Private and Public Sector Institutions.
This intensive and extensive involvement within the Finance and Management tasks gives him an edge to obtain the requisite experience required for overall budgetary controls, financial and management reporting for over two decades.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND - Academic Qualifications
Holds a Phd in Finance and Procurement and Master in Business Administration (Universedad Empresial de Costa Rica), A Professional Doctorate in Business Administration Strategic Management and Leadership-(CIML-USA), Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (Credit), Bachelor of Business Administration, Certified Diploma in Insurance and Risk Management (IPFM-UK)
- Fellow, membership of various professional Bodies Like Association of Certified Accountant – Barbados;
- Fellow – Certified Accountant -FCAB, Institute of Professional Financial Managers London;
- Doctoral Fellow Member-DFIPFM, Chartered Institute of Management and Leadership;
- USA-Fellow member-FCMIL, American academy of Financial management (AAFM-USA);
- Fellow-AAFM, Chartered Institute of Professional Financial Managers-USA;
- Fellow- Chartered Financial Manager (FCFM), Design, Technology, Management Society International, South Africa;
- Fellow member, Management Grade (FDTMSI), Association of Certified Corporate Executive Accountant-USA;
- Associate, Certified Accountant (ACCEA), Chartered Institute of Cost and management Accountant-Nigeria;
- Associate, Cost and Management Accountant (ACMA), Association of International Accountants-UK;
- Fellow Member-FAIA (Acad), Cambridge Association of Managers, England.-Certified Financial Manager;
- Fellow Member(FCAM), Canadian guild of industrial, Commercial & Institutional Accountants -Canada;
- Accredited Member-ICIA, Institute of management Specialist-London;
- Fellow Member- Management specialist
3. Imtiaz M. Karim
Director of Compliance
Mr. Imtiaz M. Karim
joined the Sierra Leone Insurance Commission in September, 2014 and served in various capacities before attaining his present position as Director of Compliance.
Mr. Karim’s Insurance career started at the National Insurance Company Limited and spanned over twenty years heading various Branch Offices.
He also worked for International Insurance Company (SL) Limited and Leone Brokers Limited before joining the Commission.
He holds a Diploma in Insurance from the West African Insurance Institute and a Certificate in General Insurance from the Insurance Institute of America.
He has vast experience in Insurance Underwriting.
4. Maddie Sesay
Director of Technical
joined the Commission in April, 2004 as Technical Manager and was among the pioneer staff of the Commission He had also worked with the National Insurance Company in Freetown between 1983 and 2004. He holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Financial Services - Insurance path way, from the Edinburgh Napia University Scotland, UK and a Diploma in Insurance from the West African Insurance Institute, Liberia. He has attended Numerous Seminars and training courses at home and abroad.
Mr. Maddie Sesay is also a part-time lecturer in Insurance at the Milton Margai College of Education Science and Technology Goodrich Campus Freetown.